Winter is made for cozy activities, like curling up with a good book or having a movie marathon with your family. My favorite winter activity? Making cookies! I love standing in my warm kitchen on a snowy afternoon and baking different types of cookies for my family and friends to enjoy. Added side benefit? My house smells amazing for hours afterwards.
While chocolate chip cookies are my favorite cookies to make, sometimes it’s nice to make something special. Like Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies. These peanut butter cookies are taken to the next level with a Hershey Kiss pressed in the center after baking. While they look super impressive, they couldn’t be easier to make!
It starts with the wet ingredients. Butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter get added to the bowl of a stand mixer and are beaten until light and fluffy.
Crack in one egg and add in some vanilla extract. Beat to thoroughly combine before adding the dry ingredients (flour + baking soda + salt) in slowly (or else you’ll have flour on every surface of your kitchen).
When the dough comes together, remove the bowl from the mixer and portion out tablespoons of dough. This should make about 25 cookies total!
Pop the dough balls onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Pop the sheets into a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for about 10 minutes until golden.
Remove the baking sheets from the oven and immediately (but gently) push Hershey Kisses into the hot cookie. The cookie should spread and crack a bit (but not fall apart!).
When each cookie has a piece of chocolate, transfer them to wire racks to cool before devouring with a cold glass of milk!
Check out more of Catherine’s delicious recipes by visiting Simply A (RD) Foodie and come back here every Wednesday for new recipes!
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Hershey Kisses or mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, foil removed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat to combine.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract--continue to beat to combine.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Portion out tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place the balls onto the baking sheets. Pop the baking sheets into the oven and bake for 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and push the Kiss into the center of the cookie. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool completely before enjoying!
(1 cookie): Calories: 155 | Fat: 8gm | Saturated fat: 4gm | Carbohydrates: 19gm | Sodium: 128mg | Fiber: 0.5gm | Protein: 3gm | Cholesterol: 18mg