With summer drawing to close, I am taking every opportunity to have my family and friends over for outdoor cookouts. Since I want to soak up every moment outside with my guests, I make sure the menu is super simple and streamlined. Corn on the cob, French potato salad that can be made the morning of, and tons of watermelon for dessert. For the main dish, I always want to make one plain item and then serve up a bunch of fun (and easy) toppings so everyone can customize their dinner the way they want it.
My go-to on these late summer nights? The easiest Hamburger Sliders ever. The reason that these are probably the easiest sliders ever? They have three ingredients and come together in under 20 minutes. To serve, I pop them on a tray next to a basket of roll and a bunch of bowls filled with delicious things. It’s dinner and a fun activity for my guests!
The sliders start with three ingredients. Ground beef + salt + pepper. Because there are only three ingredients in these sliders, please make sure to get really good quality ground beef!
Mix everything together and then portion it out into 2oz patties. Make sure to make a divot in the middle to make sure they grill up evenly!
Put the sliders onto a preheated grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side (depending on how thick you made them!), or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Now comes the fun part! Pop the sliders onto a small dinner roll, then top with your favorite toppings (caramelized onions all the way!).
Super fun, super simple, and super delicious! A perfect accompaniment to your late summer cookouts.
Check out more of Catherine’s delicious recipes by visiting Simply A (RD) Foodie and come back here every Wednesday for new recipes!
- 1 pound ground beef, 80-20 mix
- 2-3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, and pepper. Using your (clean) hands, gently combine the beef and seasonings together. Portion out 2oz portions of beef and roll them into a ball. Lightly flatten the ball into a disc and then make a divot in the center of the patty. Put the sliders on a plate and put them in the fridge to keep cold until the grill is heated.
- Pop the sliders onto the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees. Allow the sliders to rest for 5 minutes before topping with all your favorite toppings and serve to your family and friends!
(1 slider): Calories: 145 | Fat: 9gm | Saturated fat: 3.5gm | Carbohydrates: 0gm | Sodium: 518mg | Fiber: 0gm | Protein: 14gm | Cholesterol: 50mg