My favorite way to cook is to take traditional recipes and update them with seasonal ingredients. Peaches are my favorite summer fruit and their sweetness lends well to a variety of traditional recipes–like Grilled Peach + Prosciutto Pizza! The traditional pizza is made with fig preserves, but I feel that figs are wintery so I swapped them out for fresh peaches and turned this pie into a seasonal masterpiece! Bonus? This pizza comes together on the grill, so you can have dinner on the table in about 10 minutes!
Since the pizza takes no time to cook, it is really important to prep everything ahead of time before you start cooking. While the grill preheats, grab some fresh ripe peaches. Slice them up, drizzle them with a little olive oil, and sprinkle them with a little kosher salt. Toss to combine.
Then prep all the toppings–slice the mozzarella, open the prosciutto package, and wash/dry the arugula.
Now we cook! Pop the peach slices onto half of the preheated grill and some naan bread (which serves as the crust – total time saver!) on the other half. Grill the peaches for about 60 seconds per side, until tender and slightly charred. When the peaches are done, pull the peaches and the naan off the grill.
Place the naan, grilled side up, onto a board. Top with the sliced peaches.
And add some sliced fresh mozzarella.
Pop the naan back onto the grill and then top with naan with some prosciutto. Close the lid of the grill and allow the pizzas to cook until the cheese is melted.
Remove the pizzas and top immediately with the arugula. Yum.
These pizzas are delicious as is, but you can add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction over the top too. Summer dinner cannot get easier or better than this!
Check out more of Catherine’s delicious recipes by visiting Simply A (RD) Foodie and come back here every Wednesday for new recipes!
- 2 fresh peaches, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 whole wheat naan breads
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 3 pieces of prosciutto, cut in half
- 2 cups baby arugula, washed and dried well
- Balsamic vinegar glaze, optional
- Preheat your grill on medium-high heat.
- Toss the peaches with the olive oil and salt to combine.
- Place the peaches onto one half of the grill. Place the naan on the other half. Cook the peaches for 60 seconds per side, or until tender and with good grill marks. Cook the naan for two minutes on one side (the same time as the peaches take to cook).
- When the peaches are cooked, remove the peaches and naan from the grill. Lay the naan, grilled side up, on a board. Split the peach slices between both naan breads, ensuring the slices are evenly layered.
- Layer fresh mozzarella on top of the peaches. Return the naan to the grill.
- Place three prosciutto halves on each pizza. Close the lid of the grill and cook the pizzas for 1-2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the naan pizzas and top with half of the arugula. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar glaze if desired. Cut into wedges and serve!
(1/2 pizza): Calories: 368 | Fat: 18gm | Saturated fat: 10gm | Carbohydrates: 32gm | Sodium: 636mg | Fiber: 4gm | Protein: 18gm | Cholesterol: 45mg