Cookies are my number one favorite baked good. They are perfectly portioned, totally customizable, and can be whipped up using minimal kitchen equipment.
My go-to chocolate cookie features a deep, rich chocolate dough that is loaded with dark chocolate chips and Oreo cookie pieces. It is earthy, slightly sweet, and probably the easiest cookie dough ever. It is made in one bowl and can be whipped up using just a hand mixer. Oh, and the cookies are ready (dough to baked) in under 30 minutes. So you can have warm cookie goodness in no time!
It starts with assembling the dry ingredients. Flour + cocoa powder + baking soda + salt. Whisk together to thoroughly combine and break up any cocoa clumps.
Then in a large bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
Add in an egg and some vanilla extract. Beat until combined. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and continue to mix until just combined.
Then add in the fun stuff! Some Oreo cookie pieces and dark chocolate chips. Mix them in, being careful to not break up the cookies too much.
Portion out tablespoons of dough and top with additional Oreo pieces and chocolate chips. Bake them at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until the middle is just set.
Chocolately, soft, and delicious. Definitely a new favorite!
Check out more of Catherine’s delicious recipes by visiting Simply A (RD) Foodie and come back here every Wednesday for new recipes!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (half a stick!)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Oreo cookies, crumbled into large pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Extra Oreo crumbles and chips for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl + hand mixer), combine butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- With the mixer on low, add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Add in the cookie crumbles and chocolate chips.
- Portion out tablespoon portions of the dough, roll into balls, pop them onto a clean baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and then top with some extra Oreos and chips. Pop the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes until the middle is set. Enjoy!
(1 cookie) Calories: 154 | Fat: 7gm | Saturated fat: 4gm | Carbohydrates: 22gm | Sodium: 68mg | Fiber: 2gm | Protein: 2gm | Cholesterol: 26mg