Now that summer is officially over, days are becoming increasingly busier. That means that I am reliant on my fridge, freezer, and pantry to pull together quick and easy meals for busy weeknights. And Buffalo Chicken Mini Pizzas are a great way to spice up a weeknight! Using leftover chicken breast, refrigerated pizza dough, and shredded mozzarella cheese, these pizzas come together in no time. That is a weeknight chicken dinner winner!
These pizzas start with the chicken. I took some leftover chicken breasts (even a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket works here) and shredded some up into a bowl. I used about one cup for shredded chicken per mini pizza.
Pour over some buffalo sauce and toss everything to combine.
Pinch off an eighth of a ball of pre-made pizza dough–you can find this by the refrigerator section of your grocery store–and roll it out into an even disc. Portion the chicken mixture onto the pizza crust, leaving a half-inch border.
Cover the chicken with grated mozzarella cheese.
Pop the mini pizza into a preheated 450 degree oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly.
Serve alongside some celery sticks for something cool. A fun, easy dinner that comes together in minutes!
Check out more of Catherine’s delicious recipes by visiting Simply A (RD) Foodie and come back here every Wednesday for new recipes!
- 1/2 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce (I like Frank’s)
- 2 oz shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 of a package of pre-made pizza dough
- Celery sticks for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease a small portion of a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out the pizza dough into an even layer. Place the pizza dough onto the greased section of the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the shredded chicken and buffalo sauce–toss to combine.
- Place coated chicken onto the pizza dough, leaving a small border around the edge. Cover with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Pop the cookie sheet into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted. Serve alongside celery sticks!
(1 pizza): Calories: 516 calories | Fat: 18gm | Saturated fat: 8gm | Carbohydrates: 28gm | Sodium: 1294mg | Fiber: 1gm | Protein: 55gm | Cholesterol: 141mg